This repository contains a number of Mercurial extensions. Each is described in the sections below.
All extensions are located under the
The firefoxtree extension makes working with the various Firefox repositories much more pleasant.
For more, read it’s documentation.
The extension provides a way to run code-formatting tools in a way that avoids conflicts related to this formatting when merging/rebasing code across the reformatting.
A new format-source command is provided, to apply a code formatting tool on some specific files. This information is recorded into the repository and reused when merging. The client doing the merge needs the extension for this logic to kick in.
Code formatting tools have to be registered in the configuration. The tool “name” will be used to identify a specific command accross all repositories. It is mapped to a command line that must output the formatted content on its standard output.
For each tool a list of files affecting the result of the formatting can be configured with the “configpaths” suboption, which is read and registered at “hg format-source” time. Any change in those files should trigger reformatting.
- [format-source] clang-format = [Path To Mozilla Repo]/mach clang-format –assume-filename $HG_FILENAME -p clang-format:configpaths = .clang-format, .clang-format-ignore clang-format:fileext = .cpp, .c, .h
We do not support specifying the mapping of tool name to tool command in the repository itself for security reasons.
The code formatting information is tracked in a .hg-format-source file at the root of the repository.
Warning: There is no special logic handling renames so moving files to a directory not covered by the patterns used for the initial formatting will likely fail.
mozext is a Swiss Army Knife for Firefox development. It provides a number of features:
- It defines aliases for known Firefox repositories. You can do
hg pull central, etc.
- It provides a mechanism for tracking each repository via bookmarks, allowing you to more easily operate a unified repository.
- Changes to Python files are automatically checked for style.
- Pushlog data is synchronized to a local database.
- Bug data is extracted from commit messages and stored in a database.
- Many revision set and template functions are added.
If you are looking to turn Mercurial into a more powerful query tool or want to maintain a unified repository, mozext is very valuable.
This extension lives under
The serverlog extension hacks up some Mercurial internals to record forensics that are useful for Mercurial server operators.